Welcome to 96MB, please Login or Create an account to get full access to the forums.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

So Dominic still decide to start his "premium" VM

Offline dominicl Posted 04-23-2013, 02:11 AM -
9 Posts
Hello,

Thanks for posting this OP; it allows me to clear a few things up.

We've not gone anywhere - don't worry. Let me address all the comments.

(04-22-2013, 07:53 AM)lazyt Wrote: Strange I tried the two gig order link from the referenced post and got a page not found.

This was probably due to the website being down, you probably received some sort of error. The order links in our LET thread were working fine when I posted them. If you'd like me to cut you a deal on a package, let me know. I'll give you a few days free due to this.

(04-22-2013, 09:36 AM)wdq Wrote: The domain isn't even resolving on my end.

We host our website with Host4Geeks, who have servers in the Wholesale Internet datacenter. The Host4Geeks CEO opened a thread on WHT regarding the poor support and service they got from WSI when these issues started. In the last 24 hours - it's been hectic for them. At this stage, they've got a replacement server online, and are restoring all accounts from their backups. We should be back up soon.

(04-22-2013, 10:03 AM)pubcrawler Wrote: Yeppers, DNS is hosed for:
premiumvm.com

Eyeballed the location in Columbus. Weird network. XLHost's website shows only a 10Gbps connect in Columbus. They appear to have end nodes scattered and take stuff in at end nodes and stuff it in VLAN or something equivalent. I say that cause about 16ms from NYC and the traceroute clearly seems to end in NYC and next steps are their internal network.

Probably why the throughput numbers seen on LET are lower than one would expect.

Hoping the kid succeeds, but it's going to be hard for him considering reputation. Site down in under 24 hours isn't a good sign either.

From my experience so far, XLHost don't seem to have too bad a network. If you look on their network page (http://www.xlhost.com/infrastructure/network) you will see more information about their network blend. Regarding the website, there's not much I can do at this stage apart from wait patiently for it to come back online. It's nothing that the guys at Host4Geeks have done, it's mainly WSI's support (or lack of). See the WHT thread the Host4Geeks CEO created (it really isn't H4G's fault). I understand that this really doesn't look good on us, and I will be focusing on moving the website and billing to separate providers to avoid these issues.

(04-22-2013, 12:48 PM)lazyt Wrote: http://www.intodns.com/premiumvm.com

I was actually thinking about one as a test bed. Closest ones to me I have ever seen.

If you would like me to sort you out with something, please contact me directly (admin@premiumvm.com) and I will sort something out. Our emails are hosted off-site so I can still access those and reply to emails through there.

We'll be back up very soon

(04-22-2013, 12:50 PM)zhuanyi Wrote: Wondering what Jacob has to say about this...

And what is Host4Geeks.com? The whois does not tell anything.

Actually it does, it is apparently having a Miami address, New York phone number and owned by the same person of PromptSpace, which is an Indian company
[...]

Host4Geeks is the provider we currently use for our website and billing. They use WSI's DC for some of their servers which are unfortunately experiencing issues. As above, I'm looking to move website/billing to different providers ASAP.

(04-22-2013, 11:42 PM)lazyt Wrote: Host4Geeks is back up but premiumvm.com is still showing screwed NS.

Host4Geeks is currently not back up. They're still down, currently restoring backups.

If anybody needs anything at all, I'd advise you to contact me direct via email: admin@premiumvm.com

Jacob is currently on board (although limited time) to help PremiumVM and to steer it in the right direction. I really do appreciate his help.

I will do my best to sort everything out with the limited access I currently have to our systems.

If you have any further questions, please contact me/post in this thread. I'll check this thread regularly now that my account has been approved. We hope that our site/billing will be back up soon. No client services are affected at this time.

Regards,
Dominic
PremiumVM.com
(This post was last modified: 04-23-2013, 06:21 AM by dominicl.)
Back to top Find Quote
Offline pubcrawler Posted 04-23-2013, 10:31 AM -
97 Posts
@dominicl, first, welcome to the true low end resource site Smile

second, still down for me over here:

Index of /
cgi-bin/
Apache/2.2.24 (Unix) mod_ssl/2.2.24 OpenSSL/1.0.0-fips mod_auth_passthrough/2.1 mod_bwlimited/1.4 FrontPage/5.0.2.2635 Server at premiumvm.com Port 80

You my friend need to get your site the heck away from whoever is hosting it. Spectacular timing for you Sad
(This post was last modified: 04-23-2013, 11:35 AM by pubcrawler.)
Back to top Find Quote
Offline lazyt Posted 04-23-2013, 10:50 AM -
18 Posts
I meant the host4geeks.com was back up and resolving. I had just came from it. Stupid auto correct on the mobile dropped the com.

I would be a bit worried since host4geeks contact snail mail address is an USAbox mail forwarding location.
Back to top Find Quote
Offline pubcrawler Posted 04-23-2013, 03:20 PM -
97 Posts
His site is still offline...
Back to top Find Quote
Offline zhuanyi Posted 04-24-2013, 12:48 AM -
357 Posts
(04-23-2013, 03:20 PM)pubcrawler Wrote: His site is still offline...

Surprised Jacob is not helping him on this yet...new business with 100% downtime is probably not the best idea.
Back to top Find Quote
Offline dominicl Posted 04-24-2013, 01:32 AM -
9 Posts
As posted on LET:

Unfortunately, it looks like our data was not saved. As we only had a few clients, this is going to be easy to get back online. I'm taking extra precautions so this does not happen again. I will then be adding all client data back into the database and sending a password reset out. I'll then sort everything else out.

Apologies for the inconvenience. I'll update this thread when things are back up.

Regards,
Dominic
(This post was last modified: 04-24-2013, 02:17 AM by dominicl.)
Back to top Find Quote
Offline zhuanyi Posted 04-24-2013, 01:50 AM -
357 Posts
(04-24-2013, 01:32 AM)dominicl Wrote: As posted on LET:

Unfortunately, it looks like our data was not saved. As we only had a few clients, this is going to be easy to get back online. I'm taking extra precautions so this does not happen again. I will be messaging all current clients and asking them to re-register. I'll then sort everything else out.

Apologies for the inconvenience. I'll update this thread when things are back up.

Regards,
Dominic

So you get people to sign up with you and lost all their data?
Back to top Find Quote
Offline dominicl Posted 04-24-2013, 02:07 AM -
9 Posts
(04-24-2013, 01:50 AM)zhuanyi Wrote: So you get people to sign up with you and lost all their data?

Not at all.

If you'd read above, I did state that "no client services are affected at this time".

I'm about to start uploading site files, and WHMCS install to a new host. I'll then add the clients and force a password reset.

ONLY our site/billing has been affected by this, as client services are hosted in a completely different datacenter. All client services are still online and running perfectly.

Regards,
Dominic
(This post was last modified: 04-24-2013, 02:07 AM by dominicl.)
Back to top Find Quote
Offline zhuanyi Posted 04-24-2013, 02:12 AM -
357 Posts
(04-24-2013, 02:07 AM)dominicl Wrote:
(04-24-2013, 01:50 AM)zhuanyi Wrote: So you get people to sign up with you and lost all their data?

Not at all.

So you didn't lose anything and yet you ask the clients to re-register.

By client data I don't just mean whatever they have on the VPS but also their WHMCS account, etc.
Back to top Find Quote
Offline dominicl Posted 04-24-2013, 02:16 AM -
9 Posts
(04-24-2013, 02:12 AM)zhuanyi Wrote: So you didn't lose anything and yet you ask the clients to re-register.

By client data I don't just mean whatever they have on the VPS but also their WHMCS account, etc.

I just edited my previous post, and will edit that one now. I've got the new order notifications so can manually enter all the data and just force a password reset via email.

Regards
Dominic
Back to top Find Quote