Welcome to 96MB, please Login or Create an account to get full access to the forums.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

Quickpacket back in stock!

Offline zhuanyi Posted 04-20-2013, 04:25 AM -
357 Posts
See @qps' comments on LEB:

http://www.lowendbox.com/blog/quickpacke...ent-112040

Grab it before it is out of stock again since apparently quite a few people want it based off this thread in LET:

http://www.lowendtalk.com/discussion/981...ey#Item_39
Back to top Find Quote
Offline coreymanshack Posted 04-20-2013, 05:47 AM -
79 Posts
Maybe I should take note, the 'no inventory' scheme seems to work well Smile
Back to top Find Quote
Offline wdq Posted 04-20-2013, 05:57 AM -
74 Posts
I have considered getting a dedicated server for a while now, and the QPS deal looks great. But I'm sticking with my LEBs for now.
Back to top Find Quote
Offline zhuanyi Posted 04-20-2013, 05:59 AM -
357 Posts
(04-20-2013, 05:47 AM)coreymanshack Wrote: Maybe I should take note, the 'no inventory' scheme seems to work well Smile

I am sure your new deal is going to be out of stock soon, really good offer, particularly since they are on Gbit ports Smile
Back to top Find Quote
Offline jarland Posted 04-21-2013, 03:23 AM -
52 Posts
I have been equally satisfied in my experience with a dedicated server provider one time: Incero.

QuickPacket is doing something VERY right. Obviously I don't mean to compare service level to Incero. A fully staffed operation with unbelievably excessive monitoring and routers/switches alone that add up to numbers with four 0's. Network blend though is absolutely on par. I hear they're upgrading their stuff to 10Gbit, where they haven't already, to keep things flowing beautifully.
(This post was last modified: 04-21-2013, 03:26 AM by jarland.)
Back to top Find Quote
Offline pubcrawler Posted 04-22-2013, 10:18 AM -
97 Posts
QPS is good, but I consider them a seedling. The price though is pretty compelling Smile

Been on their network in past and it's alright. I tend to shy away from SE USA locations as not close enough to NYC, too far from US Central... Basically adds latency I don't want to see. Fine if you are in the Southeast and serving that area. Atlanta is major hub for that section of the country.
Back to top Find Quote
Offline zhuanyi Posted 04-22-2013, 11:16 AM -
357 Posts
(04-22-2013, 10:18 AM)pubcrawler Wrote: QPS is good, but I consider them a seedling. The price though is pretty compelling Smile

Been on their network in past and it's alright. I tend to shy away from SE USA locations as not close enough to NYC, too far from US Central... Basically adds latency I don't want to see. Fine if you are in the Southeast and serving that area. Atlanta is major hub for that section of the country.

The only good and cheap ones I've seen (cheap enough for seeding anyways) is probably Datashack, and there is another one which is cheap but probably you won't like...CC, LOL Smile
Back to top Find Quote
Offline pubcrawler Posted 04-23-2013, 04:19 AM -
97 Posts
CC's network use to be alright, actually pretty good. The location that mattered was Chicago.

Now though, the network is in shambles, and while pissing on mention of Cogent for years, it's in there mix and worse is XO.

Datashack/Wholesale is good @zhuanyi. But support at Datashack is severely limited/slow, at least for colo customers. Hands down, Wholesale is better than CC though.

QPS should be kept on short list for folks interested in dedicated servers. They are in Atlanta and Las Vegas at last check. Vegas is interesting, but impaired by current upstream and funky routing back to US East Coast.
Back to top Find Quote
Offline zhuanyi Posted 04-23-2013, 11:02 AM -
357 Posts
(04-23-2013, 04:19 AM)pubcrawler Wrote: Datashack/Wholesale is good @zhuanyi. But support at Datashack is severely limited/slow, at least for colo customers. Hands down, Wholesale is better than CC though.

Yap, the server was really fast and the Gbit network was great! Never really used support but I heard they don't ever reply sales emails but once you are a customer, technical support experience has been OK, not instant but reasonable as a test server.
Back to top Find Quote
Offline pubcrawler Posted 04-23-2013, 03:19 PM -
97 Posts
"reasonable as a test server"... That describes the experience with many of the colo facilities/resellers colo renters catering to the low cost market.
Back to top Find Quote