Welcome to 96MB, please Login or Create an account to get full access to the forums.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

Thinking of putting up a shared plan for BornIn.Asia for 96Forum users

Offline zhuanyi Posted 04-11-2013, 12:15 AM -
357 Posts
For those of you who have known me on LET, you would know that I have this free subdomain (+tiny hosting space) service provided to members on LET.

I am thinking of doing the same for the members of this forum as well, since the server is running below capacity right now and because I manually check through every single order, there are probably less than 20 active accounts in the system at the moment.

However, I am just wondering what are the types of stuff you'd be looking for? Bear in mind that this is free hosting (and the original intention is to provide free subdomain service only) so please don't ask for like 10GB HDD space + 1TB of bandwidth for free Smile

Suggestions are welcomed.
Back to top Find Quote
Offline coreymanshack Posted 05-07-2013, 09:40 AM -
79 Posts
This isn't for me as I already have enough resources to host my websites and use email services for mail.... What purpose would this serve beyond hosting a single website? Not to be mean - but doesn't most everyone here have their own VPS?
Back to top Find Quote
Offline zhuanyi Posted 05-19-2013, 05:25 AM -
357 Posts
(05-07-2013, 09:40 AM)coreymanshack Wrote: This isn't for me as I already have enough resources to host my websites and use email services for mail.... What purpose would this serve beyond hosting a single website? Not to be mean - but doesn't most everyone here have their own VPS?

The original purpose of this was to basically use it as a DNS/subdomain tool like afraid.org, it is just meant for people to get some subdomains for whatever they need.
Back to top Find Quote