Welcome to 96MB, please Login or Create an account to get full access to the forums.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

VPS Offer Rules Suggestions?

Offline 96mb Posted 04-07-2013, 08:09 AM -
Administrator
62 Posts
Hello to all the 96MB Forum Members,

I know that at the moment, the VPS offers section is empty because we do not have enough traffic in the forum to justify any offers, however as someone who really likes to prepare for things in advance, I'd like to open up this thread to ask for some suggestions from you guys for some ideas on the forum rules.

Some philosophical guidelines that I have in mind right now:

1. It should be "provider-neutral", although I do encourage providers to come to this forum as well and potentially sponsor the forum with some competition prizes and so on, by no means any provider will be offered any sort of preference in listing their offers.

2. It should strictly be within a certain price level with limited "low end" resources, so a 100USD per month 20GB RAM VPS won't be allowed to be listed here (there is WHT for that). Having said that, I want to make sure there is a some flexibility in setting this price and resource levels, which I will open up another thread for that discussion.

3. Start-ups are encouraged to list, but not scammers, so someone who claim to be living in US with a UK phone number and a postal address in Moscow won't be welcomed here. (Again, how do we implement the rules so that at least we can minimize that?)

4. The offers forum should be used for offers and the questions related to the offers only. If there is any review/comments about their services, you can post in the VPS review section.

Any other suggestions? I will edit this thread to add some good suggestions listed in the reply.
Back to top Find Quote
Offline tmn29a Posted 04-07-2013, 09:18 PM -
Resistance Leader
83 Posts
First of, I agree with all the points, but I would also set a maximum time frame in which providers get to post offers. E.g. every week or every two weeks. Plus I would forbid any other offers in the VPS Offers sections. VPNs, Dedis or other should be in another (sub-)forum.
Back to top Find Quote
Offline coreymanshack Posted 05-07-2013, 07:15 AM -
79 Posts
Everything sounds good, but I would also like to add that we should prevent users from posting in that forum to every 6 days. (If a provider forgets to post an advertisement they can get the add posted on the day they like instead of moving their whole campaign ahead 1 day until they are back on the day they wanted to post)
Back to top Find Quote
Offline tmn29a Posted 05-08-2013, 01:19 AM -
Resistance Leader
83 Posts
@corey Might just be me, but I didn't understand a word Big Grin
Back to top Find Quote
Offline coreymanshack Posted 05-08-2013, 01:22 AM -
79 Posts
Ok lets say I like to posts my adds on Friday - but I forget to post my add one friday. I remember I forgot to post my add on Saturday so I go ahead and post it.

Now my campaign is stuck to saturdays.

Lets say I've forgotten a few times now, now my campaign is stuck to Mondays and I have to wait several weeks to get it back to 'Friday' or miss advertising one week.
Back to top Find Quote
Offline seriesn Posted 05-08-2013, 02:20 AM -
8 Posts
(05-07-2013, 07:15 AM)coreymanshack Wrote: Everything sounds good, but I would also like to add that we should prevent users from posting in that forum to every 6 days. (If a provider forgets to post an advertisement they can get the add posted on the day they like instead of moving their whole campaign ahead 1 day until they are back on the day they wanted to post)

Isn't that how it works everywhere?
Back to top Find Quote
Offline coreymanshack Posted 05-09-2013, 01:09 AM -
79 Posts
What do you mean by that? Do you mean it works like 6 day everywhere, or 7 day?
Back to top Find Quote
Offline tmn29a Posted 05-18-2013, 10:31 AM -
Resistance Leader
83 Posts
(05-08-2013, 02:20 AM)seriesn Wrote: Isn't that how it works everywhere?

I think he means, that e.g. LET also has a time limit on post.
Back to top Find Quote
Offline coreymanshack Posted 05-18-2013, 10:41 AM -
79 Posts
Right, everywhere has a time limit on posts, I also purposely purchased the WHT premium membership for the 6 day limit in case I forget to post my ads so I can get my campaign back on track quicker and less painfully.
Back to top Find Quote
Offline tmn29a Posted 05-18-2013, 10:45 AM -
Resistance Leader
83 Posts
I'm not into marketing and strategies and all, but it seems like overkill to think about that kind of stuff in a forum where there 0 offers ;)
If you post something, you will be on the first page for a long time :D
(This post was last modified: 05-18-2013, 10:46 AM by tmn29a.)
Back to top Find Quote