Welcome to 96MB, please Login or Create an account to get full access to the forums.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

This is just not right...

Offline zhuanyi Posted 04-07-2013, 01:17 AM -
357 Posts
It is good to keep trying but things like this is what does not make sense to me:

http://www.lowendtalk.com/discussion/945...his-but/p1

I mean, here we are talking about a kid who is ready to get into high school (which means he is probably like 16 or something), already failed three times in his previous attempt and every time he declared his business would last long and ended up closing one after another.

And yet, what puzzled me is more people are willing to "help" him even though they know this venture is just going to be a big failure just so that they can earn some quick bucks out of this guy.

I know we are living in a competitive capitalist world, but should we at least teach the kid the right thing to do when he is not yet at the maturity level (and has enough capital) to start his own business rather than encourage him to fail over and over again? It is almost like drug dealers pushing teens to take drugs IMO.
Back to top Find Quote
Offline jarland Posted 04-07-2013, 06:13 AM -
52 Posts
Offering to help Dominic in this venture is the best thing anyone can do for the clients that he will attract. He is going to start it, he is going to get clients, there's not a thing anyone can do about it. He's just a kid who hasn't yet learned the impact of his actions and he means no harm.

You can absolutely disagree with someone's choice and still offer to help them. Telling someone that they can't climb a mountain is no reason not to hold the rope to lessen the impact of their failure.
Back to top Find Quote
Offline HalfEatenPie Posted 04-07-2013, 06:48 AM -
Executive Baked Pastry
51 Posts
A few LET community members and myself offered him advice during his first venture. He told us all he "understood" and then... immediately did the opposite of every single recommendation.

Personally, I just don't care anymore about his ventures. But what I do care about are the people he will affect.

Angel Everyone loves Pie! Angel
Back to top WWW Find Quote
Offline tmn29a Posted 04-07-2013, 07:36 AM -
Resistance Leader
83 Posts
Personally I would tell anyone that is 16 ,not a prodigy of some kind, and wants to start this kind of business to quit playing around and stay in school.
Back to top Find Quote
Offline zhuanyi Posted 04-07-2013, 07:38 AM -
357 Posts
(04-07-2013, 06:13 AM)jarland Wrote: Offering to help Dominic in this venture is the best thing anyone can do for the clients that he will attract. He is going to start it, he is going to get clients, there's not a thing anyone can do about it. He's just a kid who hasn't yet learned the impact of his actions and he means no harm.

You can absolutely disagree with someone's choice and still offer to help them. Telling someone that they can't climb a mountain is no reason not to hold the rope to lessen the impact of their failure.

Except that you are essentially telling him to do something that we both know (even most of the people won't admit) that he won't be successful at.

Like what I said, it is like selling illegal drugs, if I know someone who is a drug addict, would it be right for me to encourage him to take more drugs hoping that I would make a few quick bucks selling him drugs? Smile
Back to top Find Quote
Offline jarland Posted 04-07-2013, 11:06 AM -
52 Posts
(04-07-2013, 07:38 AM)zhuanyi Wrote:
(04-07-2013, 06:13 AM)jarland Wrote: Offering to help Dominic in this venture is the best thing anyone can do for the clients that he will attract. He is going to start it, he is going to get clients, there's not a thing anyone can do about it. He's just a kid who hasn't yet learned the impact of his actions and he means no harm.

Except that you are essentially telling him to do something that we both know (even most of the people won't admit) that he won't be successful at.

Like what I said, it is like selling illegal drugs, if I know someone who is a drug addict, would it be right for me to encourage him to take more drugs hoping that I would make a few quick bucks selling him drugs? Smile

I actually literally told him that it will fail, how it will fail, and what his personal issues are that will make it fail. But after that, what's a guy to do who doesn't like to be rude to people who don't have evil intentions.
(This post was last modified: 04-07-2013, 11:07 AM by jarland.)
Back to top Find Quote
Offline HalfEatenPie Posted 04-07-2013, 12:44 PM -
Executive Baked Pastry
51 Posts
Ehh, I've stopped really caring about him.

Good luck with his company. I'm sure as hell am staying away from it.

Angel Everyone loves Pie! Angel
Offline matthewvz Posted 04-07-2013, 02:26 PM -
23 Posts
I see something similar happening to this guy that happened to Robert Clarke, Servers get rooted, get a new name, repeat.
Offline coreymanshack Posted 05-07-2013, 10:07 AM -
79 Posts
I was unaware that this happened to Robert, but as far as Dominic goes, I thought he just got out of school. I guess I was wrong.... another summer host? You can't be reliable if you are still in school. This is just pointless attempts at quick cash.
Back to top Find Quote