Welcome to 96MB, please Login or Create an account to get full access to the forums.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

I wanna be a VPS host

Offline zhuanyi Posted 05-19-2013, 05:23 AM -
357 Posts
(05-18-2013, 12:23 PM)wdq Wrote: Liam or SysAdmin said it in one of the Q&A threads. I'd link to it if LET was online.

I think LET is back online now (although seems to be in a read-only mode since I can't post any thread there), let me know if you find that and I'll put up a discussion with them.
Back to top Find Quote
Offline wdq Posted 05-19-2013, 07:37 AM -
74 Posts
(05-19-2013, 05:23 AM)zhuanyi Wrote:
(05-18-2013, 12:23 PM)wdq Wrote: Liam or SysAdmin said it in one of the Q&A threads. I'd link to it if LET was online.

I think LET is back online now (although seems to be in a read-only mode since I can't post any thread there), let me know if you find that and I'll put up a discussion with them.

I can't seem to find it. It must have been lost in one of the restores.
Back to top Find Quote
Offline zhuanyi Posted 05-19-2013, 10:09 AM -
357 Posts
(05-19-2013, 07:37 AM)wdq Wrote:
(05-19-2013, 05:23 AM)zhuanyi Wrote:

I can't seem to find it. It must have been lost in one of the restores.

No worries, I'll clarify with them myself. Thanks for the heads-up though.
Back to top Find Quote
Offline wdq Posted 05-22-2013, 12:53 AM -
74 Posts
Found it.

http://lowendtalk.com/discussion/10644/lowend-update
Kickstarter

Some of you will remember the kick-starter competition which we previously ran. Unfortunately the winner did not collect the prize, therefore no one benefited from this opportunity. We would like to announce that a bigger and better kick starter competition will be run in the very near future.

More details will be announced shortly.
Back to top Find Quote
Offline zhuanyi Posted 05-22-2013, 01:11 AM -
357 Posts
(05-22-2013, 12:53 AM)wdq Wrote: Found it.

http://lowendtalk.com/discussion/10644/lowend-update
Kickstarter

Some of you will remember the kick-starter competition which we previously ran. Unfortunately the winner did not collect the prize, therefore no one benefited from this opportunity. We would like to announce that a bigger and better kick starter competition will be run in the very near future.

More details will be announced shortly.

OK, thanks for the update Smile Don't really like what they did but I guess they have all the rights to do whatever they like to do
Back to top Find Quote
Offline mikho Posted 05-22-2013, 05:25 PM -
official slacker
42 Posts
I hope it doesn't sound to rude but I got a bad case of "told you so"

-_- www.lowendguide.com -_- the guides to administer your lowend vps
Like on Facebook and follow on Twitter
Back to top WWW Find Quote
Offline zhuanyi Posted 05-23-2013, 01:00 AM -
357 Posts
(05-22-2013, 05:25 PM)mikho Wrote: I hope it doesn't sound to rude but I got a bad case of "told you so"

LOL Smile

I guess the bigger theme here is I don't really like to see how things are done so secretively behind the scene on LET. To be honest, if they have just even sent me a short note saying:"hey, btw, you got another week to claim your prize or it would be gone", I'd have been happier with LET than how I felt now.

I was with LET since the day it was still using OSQA, LEA for sure is a great guy, and even though I didn't talk to Joel too many times, I think I liked him for the most part as well. But now? Who knows what's going on there? I just wished there were more transparency in their operations on this business.
Back to top Find Quote
Offline mikho Posted 05-23-2013, 10:07 PM -
official slacker
42 Posts
one question comes to mind when reading your post:

Why spend money on other servers when you could have one for free and test the stuff on?

Offline zhuanyi Posted 05-24-2013, 01:32 AM -
357 Posts
(05-23-2013, 10:07 PM)mikho Wrote: one question comes to mind when reading your post:

Why spend money on other servers when you could have one for free and test the stuff on?

Because if I took the server and didn't start the business the next day, I would get even more bull$hit from people? Smile
Back to top Find Quote
Offline mikho Posted 05-24-2013, 08:19 AM -
official slacker
42 Posts
(05-24-2013, 01:32 AM)zhuanyi Wrote:
(05-23-2013, 10:07 PM)mikho Wrote: one question comes to mind when reading your post:

Because if I took the server and didn't start the business the next day, I would get even more bull$hit from people? Smile

Well, at least you would have had a server