Welcome to 96MB, please Login or Create an account to get full access to the forums.
Poll: Which theme is better?
You do not have permission to vote in this poll.
The current one is awesome!
44.44%
4 44.44%
You silly, you just removed the best theme ever!
11.11%
1 11.11%
Both sucks, let's get something else (please let us know what you like by replying this thread)
44.44%
4 44.44%
Total 9 vote(s) 100%
* You voted for this item. [Show Results]

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

Anyone think the new theme is better than the previous one?

Offline 96mb Posted 03-26-2013, 10:09 AM -
Administrator
62 Posts
Some of the feedbacks I have received so far including getting a better theme for this forum, which I found this Royal Blue theme.

What do you guys think? Is this better or is the old theme better or should we actually go with something else?

Please kindly cast your vote and if you think something else is better, please reply this thread and tell us what it is.
Back to top Find Quote
Offline pubcrawler Posted 03-26-2013, 10:16 AM -
97 Posts
Thought it was just my browser dropping the CSS rendering.

The theme, umm it's okay. Font in places is getting weird. Like when posting this... This line:
96MB Forum / General Discussion / Annoucements and Comments / Anyone think the new theme is better than the previous one? / Post Reply

I'd consider other themes.
Back to top Find Quote
Offline 96mb Posted 03-26-2013, 10:20 AM -
Administrator
62 Posts
(03-26-2013, 10:16 AM)pubcrawler Wrote: Thought it was just my browser dropping the CSS rendering.

The theme, umm it's okay. Font in places is getting weird. Like when posting this... This line:
96MB Forum / General Discussion / Annoucements and Comments / Anyone think the new theme is better than the previous one? / Post Reply

I'd consider other themes.

all right, let me try to find something else. Thanks!
(This post was last modified: 03-26-2013, 10:21 AM by 96mb.)
Back to top Find Quote
Offline wdq Posted 03-26-2013, 10:35 AM -
74 Posts
I din't mind the last one, and don't mind this one either, however both could have a lot of work done to them. However I'd generally say that this one is a little bit better.

I'd refine the font choices a little bit, maybe make some fonts a little bit bigger. Add a little bit more spacing/white space in between areas might help as well.

Also I prefer websites that have a static width around 1024px to prevent so much looking left and right on larger monitors.
Back to top Find Quote
Offline 96mb Posted 03-26-2013, 10:57 AM -
Administrator
62 Posts
Does it bother people that the thank button is not there but all you've got is a reputation button?
Back to top Find Quote
Offline jarland Posted 03-26-2013, 11:10 AM -
52 Posts
If we could have glittery animated GIFs all over it like a teenage girl's MySpace from back when that was big, that'd be cool.
Back to top Find Quote
Offline pubcrawler Posted 03-26-2013, 11:31 AM -
97 Posts
(03-26-2013, 10:57 AM)96mb Wrote: Does it bother people that the thank button is not there but all you've got is a reputation button?

I thought there was a Thank Button on here... or did I imagine that?
Back to top Find Quote
Offline wdq Posted 03-26-2013, 11:36 AM -
74 Posts
(03-26-2013, 11:31 AM)pubcrawler Wrote: I thought there was a Thank Button on here... or did I imagine that?

There was. I'm fine without it, reputation should get the job done.
Back to top Find Quote
Offline Night Posted 03-26-2013, 01:03 PM -
7 Posts
I haven't really liked either theme. I've always felt like MyBB and PhpBB themes were the worst.. Hopefully you can find a decent one for this forum.
Back to top Find Quote
Offline HalfEatenPie Posted 03-26-2013, 01:06 PM -
Executive Baked Pastry
51 Posts
Quick Reply still needs to be enabled in certain forums (e.g. Off Topics). Also a theme where the actual content (or the writings) has a "shadow" per se to me (atleast) is an eyesore. Having Blue with Pink (on the top logo) doesn't go well with the background header (this is all my opinion). Its clean and nice but I'd say go with something better.

This may look similar to MannDude on LET's board but here's some (premium and/or free) themes I prefer (again, this is just my opinion).

http://www.themefreak.net/sleek.php
http://www.audentio.com/shop/view/MyBB/orange_crush-6
http://minerskinz.com/theme/moha-mybb

Ok so they're all premium themes, but basically what I'm talking about is that I'd prefer a light theme (especially since studies show that people can read better with a white background/light-colored theme than a black background/dark-colored theme) without the eye-sore of the text with shadows on it.

Edit: If you need me to like do something in photoshop to get the logo working then let me know. I can also do minor photoshop editing anyways.
My two cents.
(This post was last modified: 03-26-2013, 01:07 PM by HalfEatenPie.)

Angel Everyone loves Pie! Angel
Back to top WWW Find Quote