Welcome to 96MB, please Login or Create an account to get full access to the forums.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

ShoveHost....

Offline zhuanyi Posted 03-26-2013, 04:43 AM -
357 Posts
Anyone saw this thread on LET?

http://www.lowendtalk.com/discussion/911...esearch/p1

It is amazing to me a host could run VPS services without even knowing how to set up a cron job without control panel...

http://www.lowendtalk.com/discussion/783...trol-panel

Never thought of starting a host would be THAT easy!
Back to top Find Quote
Offline wdq Posted 03-26-2013, 05:07 AM -
74 Posts
I find it even more amazing how they had to ask the LET community instead of doing a ten second Google search.
Back to top Find Quote
Offline zhuanyi Posted 03-26-2013, 05:11 AM -
357 Posts
I mean honestly, if I am a host, and I have no idea about basic stuff like that, I would do my best to hide it and not letting anyone else to know my incompetence...

But looks like he does not think it is anything "basic"

What can I say? I am just impressed that he is still in business after all these months, LOL

(03-26-2013, 05:07 AM)wdq Wrote: I find it even more amazing how they had to ask the LET community instead of doing a ten second Google search.
Back to top Find Quote
Offline Night Posted 03-26-2013, 05:51 AM -
7 Posts
Shovehost Wrote:I'm going to fix my WHMCS by not running it as root.

Rofl. He doesn't know basic server management and security at all. I'm surprised anyone has actually tried his host.
Back to top Find Quote
Offline zhuanyi Posted 03-26-2013, 05:56 AM -
357 Posts
(03-26-2013, 05:51 AM)Night Wrote:
Shovehost Wrote:I'm going to fix my WHMCS by not running it as root.

Rofl. He doesn't know basic server management and security at all. I'm surprised anyone has actually tried his host.

And the latest update is his MySQL DB has crashed and he thought his hosting website was hacked (and actually posted on the Internet forum, to tell everyone)...or am I already episodes behind now? Smile
Back to top Find Quote
Offline wdq Posted 03-26-2013, 07:01 AM -
74 Posts
And he fixed it with a reboot and is assuring everyone that everything is alright now. Definitely a host that you want to do business with.
Back to top Find Quote
Offline leyton Posted 03-26-2013, 07:09 AM -
21 Posts
I can't say I've personally understood how he's in business still either. But then, there are plenty of LEB customers who don't care about the uptime and reliability that much, and have requirements that are "packagable" enough to drop and replace a VPS at the drop of a hat. I imagine he is fairly reliant on these types of clientele.

imagineLayer - Simple solutions to complex IT problems.
Email: sales@imagine.la • Phone (UK): 03719 10 10 11 • Phone (US): (631) 909-5963

VPS, Dedicated Servers, Outsourced Support, Hosted Exchange, and more.
Back to top WWW Find Quote
Offline matthewvz Posted 03-26-2013, 08:16 AM -
23 Posts
Wouldn't google give you a faster response then LET? One would think.
Back to top WWW Find Quote
Offline pubcrawler Posted 03-26-2013, 09:26 AM -
97 Posts
Shovehost is getting torched by folks.

I don't think it's a good thing. Providers on LET post far too much compared to the buyers. Reflect poorly when you negatively punch the competition.

All that said, Shovey needs some 101 Class mentioring and learning.

Like I've been saying there is a business opportunity for tech savy folks to come on board and help new providers who need the hands on or learning.
Back to top Find Quote
Offline jarland Posted 03-26-2013, 09:51 AM -
52 Posts
I try but honestly the best advice comes across as insulting. When I have to say things like "You're being a jerk, you need to chill and listen to what you're being told."

I give him one thing, he's pushing ahead. I just hope his administrators are keeping things secure. Interestingly, he's not a newbie to the net. Look up his name a bit. He's on the dev team for Get Simple, my favorite light weight CMS. He's hosting several legit websites and I found them myself, not from being told. He's legit, but he needs to learn where to ask advice for things that make you look incompetent.

There were a lot of things I couldn't do in 2011. Only difference is we paid people who could and we didn't ask our potential clients for help. LiquidWeb was some of the finest admins I've seen, and they taught me a lot.
(This post was last modified: 03-26-2013, 09:52 AM by jarland.)
Back to top Find Quote