Welcome to 96MB, please Login or Create an account to get full access to the forums.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

Spam from GinerNet/VPS Deploy

Offline zhuanyi Posted 03-26-2013, 02:13 AM -
357 Posts
Had a VPS with VPS deploy a while ago, and requested my account to be deleted when I cancelled my VPS, and it seems they have never done that.

Eventually VPS Deploy was bought by GinerNet, and they have been sending spams to me like once every month.

Has anyone had similar issues these days? Their spam has no unsubscription options so I can't even opt myself out!
Back to top Find Quote
Offline wdq Posted 03-26-2013, 03:25 AM -
74 Posts
It looks like you might be a good candidate for an email filter that sends emails from GingerNet to the trash folder.
Back to top Find Quote
Offline zhuanyi Posted 03-26-2013, 04:01 AM -
357 Posts
(03-26-2013, 03:25 AM)wdq Wrote: It looks like you might be a good candidate for an email filter that sends emails from GingerNet to the trash folder.

But that is also why I really hate when business just sell their clients to a new company when they go down-under, and they don't even bother to delete the clients with no active services with them. I am pretty sure my email addresses have been sold several times with some failed VPS providers.
Back to top Find Quote
Offline Backtogeek Posted 03-27-2013, 12:45 AM -
w00p!
14 Posts
Well if you have emailed them directly requesting they stop, and you have tried the old auto responder to their support address to annoy them in to stopping then I suggest you just report them to spamcop every time until they stop it.

InceptionHosting XEN-PV servers in UK, DE, NL, USA Shy
Back to top WWW Find Quote
Offline coreymanshack Posted 05-07-2013, 09:13 AM -
79 Posts
Spamcop is a great suggestion. Then their ips might end up on some SBL's too and you will just stop receiving emails anyway.
Back to top Find Quote