Welcome to 96MB, please Login or Create an account to get full access to the forums.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

Not much traffic here?

Offline concerto49 Posted 07-29-2013, 08:49 PM -
42 Posts
Anyone promotes this forum? I thought it'd be popular?

High performance, fast network, affordable price VPS - Cloud Shards
Available in Texas, New York & Los Angeles
Back to top WWW Find Quote
Offline zhuanyi Posted 07-29-2013, 11:37 PM -
357 Posts
(07-29-2013, 08:49 PM)concerto49 Wrote: Anyone promotes this forum? I thought it'd be popular?

Agreed, I think 96MB had a promotion a while ago but no one was coming to read the promotion

I guess VPSBoard is really the new LET these days, this forum is good, but for some reason is lacking behind in terms of traffic

Would be a good idea to suggest something that works, I guess free VPS (for a year) for the most frequent poster works? Smile
Back to top Find Quote
Offline wdq Posted 07-30-2013, 05:02 AM -
74 Posts
Yeah. It seems like once the promotion stopped not a whole lot of new people joined. Even the people that are on here aren't posting a whole lot (with the exception of @zhuanyi and a few others).
Back to top Find Quote
Offline zhuanyi Posted 07-30-2013, 05:28 AM -
357 Posts
(07-30-2013, 05:02 AM)wdq Wrote: Yeah. It seems like once the promotion stopped not a whole lot of new people joined. Even the people that are on here aren't posting a whole lot (with the exception of @zhuanyi and a few others).

This is the new LET to me, I don't think I am that welcomed anymore on LET...just like many other fellows who used to have a good time on LET...
Back to top Find Quote
Offline infinity2022 Posted 07-30-2013, 06:55 AM -
5 Posts
Well there's certainly a whole lot more traffic than when I joined. ;-)

Put it that way. It will gradually grow, but without promotion it won't grow exponentially.
(This post was last modified: 07-30-2013, 06:55 AM by infinity2022.)
Back to top Find Quote
Offline zhuanyi Posted 07-30-2013, 07:00 AM -
357 Posts
(07-30-2013, 06:55 AM)infinity2022 Wrote: Well there's certainly a whole lot more traffic than when I joined. ;-)

Put it that way. It will gradually grow, but without promotion it won't grow exponentially.

True, I would certainly recommend the mods to have some good promotions along the way, like a free VPS or something.
Back to top Find Quote
Offline MannDude Posted 07-31-2013, 08:52 PM -
15 Posts
(07-29-2013, 11:37 PM)zhuanyi Wrote:
(07-29-2013, 08:49 PM)concerto49 Wrote: Anyone promotes this forum? I thought it'd be popular?
I guess VPSBoard is really the new LET these days, this forum is good, but for some reason is lacking behind in terms of traffic

Not by choice though, really. Just sort of happened that way. Originally didn't want to attract the 'low end' market over there, as it was for general VPS discussion and not specific to any market. Still trying to break the mold of the $7 "everything for nothing" offers.

Traffic is still much lower than LET, but heck, the site is only 4 months old. I'm not trying to compete against LET. =P

I lurk everywhere though. =P
Back to top Find Quote
Offline 96mb Posted 07-31-2013, 09:50 PM -
Administrator
62 Posts
(07-30-2013, 07:00 AM)zhuanyi Wrote:
(07-30-2013, 06:55 AM)infinity2022 Wrote: Well there's certainly a whole lot more traffic than when I joined. ;-)

True, I would certainly recommend the mods to have some good promotions along the way, like a free VPS or something.

What kind of promotion do you guys like to see? Throw in some ideas and I'll see what I can do.

And Manndude, congrats! I think it is a quite great achievement for a forum that is 4 months old!
Back to top Find Quote
Offline concerto49 Posted 08-02-2013, 06:53 PM -
42 Posts
(07-31-2013, 08:52 PM)MannDude Wrote:
(07-29-2013, 11:37 PM)zhuanyi Wrote:

Not by choice though, really. Just sort of happened that way. Originally didn't want to attract the 'low end' market over there, as it was for general VPS discussion and not specific to any market. Still trying to break the mold of the $7 "everything for nothing" offers.

Traffic is still much lower than LET, but heck, the site is only 4 months old. I'm not trying to compete against LET. =P

I lurk everywhere though. =P

Yeah. From my analytics graphs VPSBoard brings in a lot less traffic vs LET even though I post a LOT more on VPSBoard. I hope traffic picks up though.

It annoys me that it never works sometimes. It keeps saying "saving post" but gets stuck.

High performance, fast network, affordable price VPS - Cloud Shards
Available in Texas, New York & Los Angeles
Back to top WWW Find Quote
Offline tmn29a Posted 08-26-2013, 09:43 PM -
Resistance Leader
83 Posts
Yeah, there isn't much traffic on here but I must say the people on here are IMHO much better. I was just reading this thread on LET and was just baffled and mad on the number of people who posted stupid replies. I think it's one of the better questions on LET with a lot of depth and the only thing this guy gets is stupid comments and not completely true answers. I guess LET is nowadays only for offers and guys posting about their personal problems -.-

[/rant]
Back to top Find Quote