Welcome to 96MB, please Login or Create an account to get full access to the forums.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

SSD VPS offer from ProviderService

Offline zhuanyi Posted 07-10-2013, 10:59 PM -
357 Posts
I signed up with them during the past weekend, the price is pretty good:

http://www.webhostingtalk.com/showthread.php?t=1283305

OVZ-SSD-1GB-I

- 1 GB RAM
- 2 CPU Cores
- 30 GB SSD Storage (RAID 10)
- 1 TB monthly transfer volume
- Contract term: 3 months

3.50 €/m. incl. VAT (2.94 €/m. excl. VAT *)

Lifetime discount, this special offer expires on September 30, 2013.

Especially the part where they offer 30GB of SSD space, which is a lot more generous than many of the LEB/LET providers I've seen offering SSD plans.

The only problem is they don't have a proper billing system like WHMCS and you will have to fill up a form to submit the order and they will create the VPS manually (but I would assume they do have something at the backend). Also their SolusVM was not enabled when I signed up so you will have to email them every time you need an OS reload.

I used it for some emergency server moves so I didn't get a chance to test it and now I have some production stuff on it I'd probably be reluctant to run tests on it. However so far the server is running pretty good for me.

Not affiliated with them but I figured it is a pretty good price for a pure SSD RAID10 VPS.
Back to top Find Quote
Offline earl Posted 07-11-2013, 06:13 AM -
16 Posts
Last time I tried to sign up for their $1/mo VPS promo they asked for government issued ID.. so I said no thanks!
Back to top Find Quote
Offline zhuanyi Posted 07-11-2013, 11:22 PM -
357 Posts
(07-11-2013, 06:13 AM)earl Wrote: Last time I tried to sign up for their $1/mo VPS promo they asked for government issued ID.. so I said no thanks!

Interesting...call that German precision haha Smile

I guess I got lucky for some reason, was never asked for any ID when I signed up with providers...except OVH and may be one or two providers in LEB...
Back to top Find Quote
Offline earl Posted 07-12-2013, 06:26 PM -
16 Posts
(07-11-2013, 11:22 PM)zhuanyi Wrote:
(07-11-2013, 06:13 AM)earl Wrote: Last time I tried to sign up for their $1/mo VPS promo they asked for government issued ID.. so I said no thanks!

Interesting...call that German precision haha Smile

I guess I got lucky for some reason, was never asked for any ID when I signed up with providers...except OVH and may be one or two providers in LEB...

Well this was a while back.. maybe too many people decline sending ID's that they may have stopped asking for it.. I have bought a lot of VPS's from many different providers and have only been asked ID from stylexnetwork, provider service, and OVH but I went ahead with verification from OVH cause they did not demand government issued ID"s which the other 2 provider requested...I would not feel comfortable sending them things like scanned passport etc..
Back to top Find Quote
Offline zhuanyi Posted 07-12-2013, 10:33 PM -
357 Posts
(07-12-2013, 06:26 PM)earl Wrote: OVH cause they did not demand government issued ID"s which the other 2 provider requested...I would not feel comfortable sending them things like scanned passport etc..

I didn't know that....so you can send something like student ID to OVH and it will work?
Back to top Find Quote
Offline earl Posted 07-13-2013, 04:34 PM -
16 Posts
(07-12-2013, 10:33 PM)zhuanyi Wrote:
(07-12-2013, 06:26 PM)earl Wrote: OVH cause they did not demand government issued ID"s which the other 2 provider requested...I would not feel comfortable sending them things like scanned passport etc..

I didn't know that....so you can send something like student ID to OVH and it will work?

Yes I sent them an old student card for photo ID and a scan of an envelope with my current address from a utily bill.. and was accepted just fine.
Back to top Find Quote
Offline zhuanyi Posted 07-15-2013, 10:39 PM -
357 Posts
That's smart, I just sent them my driver's license, figured they are a giant company so it should be fine. Smile

(07-13-2013, 04:34 PM)earl Wrote:
(07-12-2013, 10:33 PM)zhuanyi Wrote:

Yes I sent them an old student card for photo ID and a scan of an envelope with my current address from a utily bill.. and was accepted just fine.
Back to top Find Quote