Welcome to 96MB, please Login or Create an account to get full access to the forums.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

DotVPS back to live

Offline zhuanyi Posted 06-01-2013, 04:35 AM -
357 Posts
Received this email last night, seems Jack is already posting offers today to revive his business (http://www.webhostingtalk.com/showthread.php?t=1271658).

Personally I think this is a good approach since the original exit plan were there because of rampant DDOS attacks to UK providers, however this has become a part of history now and I think the UK servers have been quite stable without DDOS attacks lately. Congrats on the move Jack!

Here is the email:

Firstly I'd like to thank everybody for their continued support and custom.

Over the past two Months DotVPS has been working with the HTTP Group in regards to their purchase of this company.

We have always had a strong vision of how we run and how we would like the DotVPS brand to continue, this includes the level of service and internal infrastructure.

Due to how strongly we care for our customers any deal had to be worked around terms which allowed DotVPS management to remain in place and our vision continued.

During the final stages of negotiation it became apparent that HTTP Group were not able to adhere to terms being set our by our management and eventually the decision was made to cancel the agreements we had in place.

Fortunately due to the "merger" processes we had in place we are easily able to operate under the DotVPS once again and all relevant changes have.

DotVPS and HTTP Group would like to apologise for any confusion or inconvenience caused by this situation, however we can promise that DotVPS is in a stronger position now than before the sale talks took place and we will continue to offer a great service and awesome pricing.

Thank you,
Jack Sephton
DotVPS Hosting
(This post was last modified: 06-01-2013, 04:48 AM by zhuanyi.)
Back to top Find Quote
Offline coreymanshack Posted 06-07-2013, 11:27 PM -
79 Posts
(06-01-2013, 04:35 AM)zhuanyi Wrote: Received this email last night, seems Jack is already posting offers today to revive his business (http://www.webhostingtalk.com/showthread.php?t=1271658).

Personally I think this is a good approach since the original exit plan were there because of rampant DDOS attacks to UK providers, however this has become a part of history now and I think the UK servers have been quite stable without DDOS attacks lately. Congrats on the move Jack!

Here is the email:

Firstly I'd like to thank everybody for their continued support and custom.

Over the past two Months DotVPS has been working with the HTTP Group in regards to their purchase of this company.

We have always had a strong vision of how we run and how we would like the DotVPS brand to continue, this includes the level of service and internal infrastructure.

Due to how strongly we care for our customers any deal had to be worked around terms which allowed DotVPS management to remain in place and our vision continued.

During the final stages of negotiation it became apparent that HTTP Group were not able to adhere to terms being set our by our management and eventually the decision was made to cancel the agreements we had in place.

Fortunately due to the "merger" processes we had in place we are easily able to operate under the DotVPS once again and all relevant changes have.

DotVPS and HTTP Group would like to apologise for any confusion or inconvenience caused by this situation, however we can promise that DotVPS is in a stronger position now than before the sale talks took place and we will continue to offer a great service and awesome pricing.

Thank you,
Jack Sephton
DotVPS Hosting

But they are probably planning to sell again from the wording correct?
Back to top Find Quote
Offline concerto49 Posted 07-29-2013, 09:26 PM -
42 Posts
No, from my understanding they needed DDoS protection due to the constant DDoS but since the storm has stopped it was no longer needed.

High performance, fast network, affordable price VPS - Cloud Shards
Available in Texas, New York & Los Angeles
Back to top WWW Find Quote
Offline infinity2022 Posted 07-30-2013, 07:01 AM -
5 Posts
HTTPZoom didn't have DDoS protection but Jack wanted to experiement with if it would have a difference with DDoS as HTTPZoom were probably a little more experienced but it didn't work out when they started working together. Also, it wasn't really a full takeover as such.
Back to top Find Quote
Offline MannDude Posted 07-31-2013, 08:43 PM -
15 Posts
(07-30-2013, 07:01 AM)infinity2022 Wrote: Also, it wasn't really a full takeover as such.

From what I understand, he still had access to everything and they were more or less an extra set of hands on deck.
Back to top Find Quote
Offline infinity2022 Posted 07-31-2013, 11:49 PM -
5 Posts
(07-31-2013, 08:43 PM)MannDude Wrote:
(07-30-2013, 07:01 AM)infinity2022 Wrote: Also, it wasn't really a full takeover as such.

From what I understand, he still had access to everything and they were more or less an extra set of hands on deck.

Pretty much, yes. There was some sort of 50:50 profit agreement or something of the sorts too but it didn't work out, I think it was more like they didn't think they could work together well.
Back to top Find Quote
Offline concerto49 Posted 08-02-2013, 06:50 PM -
42 Posts
(07-31-2013, 08:43 PM)MannDude Wrote:

For free as well.

High performance, fast network, affordable price VPS - Cloud Shards
Available in Texas, New York & Los Angeles
Back to top WWW Find Quote