Welcome to 96MB, please Login or Create an account to get full access to the forums.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

URPad - No reason for outage?

Offline zhuanyi Posted 05-29-2013, 06:11 AM -
357 Posts
Received an email from URPad on node outage. Yes, it is similar to one of the millions of emails I get from providers, but I really want to say if there is node outage, I think it would definitely be better for clients to know what the outage is for, etc, which unfortunately I don't see any here:

This is a brief note to inform you that tomorrow, May 29th, there will be a brief outage on the Sierra VPS node(Los Angeles). This outage should be no more than twenty minutes, and will occur between 6-9pm PST.

With Thanks,

Jason Kaminsky
Back to top Find Quote
Offline rds100 Posted 06-01-2013, 04:21 AM -
18 Posts
20 minutes is just enough to reboot a node, not enough time to replace hardware, etc. So probably just a kernel upgrade.
Back to top Find Quote
Offline zhuanyi Posted 06-01-2013, 04:41 AM -
357 Posts
(06-01-2013, 04:21 AM)rds100 Wrote: 20 minutes is just enough to reboot a node, not enough time to replace hardware, etc. So probably just a kernel upgrade.

I was just thinking at least some sort of words like "why we rebooted this" would be nice Smile
Back to top Find Quote
Offline rds100 Posted 06-02-2013, 04:17 PM -
18 Posts
Check the kernel version before and after the reboot. If it's a different kernel version now, that should explain it Smile
Back to top Find Quote
Offline tmn29a Posted 06-04-2013, 02:46 AM -
Resistance Leader
83 Posts
I agree with zhuanyi, it's always nice to know what is going on with the server and it also gives you an idea what to expect.
(This post was last modified: 06-04-2013, 02:46 AM by tmn29a.)
Back to top Find Quote
Offline zhuanyi Posted 06-04-2013, 02:58 AM -
357 Posts
(06-02-2013, 04:17 PM)rds100 Wrote: Check the kernel version before and after the reboot. If it's a different kernel version now, that should explain it Smile

Mmm...I didn't keep track of my kernel versions. I guess the idea here is not exactly why they rebooted the machine but whether they could have done it a nicer way with some sort of explanation.

I hope that's not too much to ask? Smile
Back to top Find Quote
Offline zhuanyi Posted 06-08-2013, 04:36 AM -
357 Posts
They are selling dedicated server now as per the email I received today:

We hope you are having a great Friday! As our first week in Houston now comes to an end we want to offer a super promotion! All servers in Houston are now $99! This is a one time deal and only lasts for this month! To get our new servers for $99 please use the promotion code below:

1230V2: HoustonFriday1230
2620: HoustonFriday2620
Dual 2620: HoustonFriday22620

If you want something longer term please open a ticket to our sales department and we can assist you with getting a great deal!

Randal Burns
Vice President of Sales