Welcome to 96MB, please Login or Create an account to get full access to the forums.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

Servercomplete vs Wholesaleinternet

Offline earl Posted 05-24-2013, 11:05 PM -
16 Posts
Hey, Just found out 96mb has a forum!! and I see alot of members from LET! and honestly LET is just not the same without some of you being there so maybe I will ask here..

This is a C/P from what I posted over at vpsboard, thought I would get some opinion on your experiences with the two provider.

I recently purchase two servers with identical specs one from SC and another from WII.. I'm thinking of only keeping one, they are basically priced about the same, with WII costing $4 more, the Specs are as follows..

Dual Quad Core Xeon 5520 (8 physical cores, 16 virtual cores)
24GB RAM
1TB SATA Hard Drive
100Mbit Unmetered Port
5 usable IPv4 IPs

IPMI

SC Pros:

- Awesome Support! replies are pretty quick and they are very helpful

- The billing/server manger panel is pretty neat similar to OVH with provisioning for automated OS reload and a panel which list all the specs of your server / monitor temp , reverse DNS etc

-Will allow you to send in your own Hard Drives

-IPMI will be on a VPN

-Offers a managed service option for a fee

SC Cons:

- No IPV6 at the moment should be available in 1-2 months

-No IPMI at the moment should be available in 1-2 months since they are working on a VPN solution for IPMI access.

-The 100 Mbit is really limited to 100Mbit cannot download more than 11MB/s

-Need to associate MAC to IP's for it to work in KVM not necessary for OVZ

WII Pros:

-Probably on a 1Gbit port even thought it states 100 Mbit, see lots of folks get way over 11MB/s

-Free DA

-Cheap cPanel VPS license

-IP's on private vlan no MAC to IP association required

WII Cons:

-Sales/billing takes ages to reply

-Iffy tech support depends who you get really, but overall acceptable

-No server management service offered.

Not sure if SC is considered a premium host but they do feel like it to me, WII is definitely more so a budget host but I've had pretty good experience so far.. let me know what you guys think..
Back to top Find Quote
Offline zhuanyi Posted 05-25-2013, 01:54 AM -
357 Posts
I think that really depends on what you need the server for. For me, I have my own little private dedi that I run for fun and to run some sites for friends with WS, and the free DA sure worked well for me. The only problem is their downtime and if you are looking for support...mmmm...they don't really exists.

And of course, their bandwidth (I believe mine is unmetered or something) is a huge selling point as well.

Never used SC so can't comment on them, but for WS I can only say that put something there if it not too critical and if you need lots of bandwidth.
Back to top Find Quote
Offline earl Posted 05-25-2013, 02:05 AM -
16 Posts
Yeah I was more weening over to WII cause even thought it says 100Mbit port I think it's actually a 1Gbit port, where as at SC it really is limited to the 100Mbit so nothing over 11MB/s! and the free DA is a bonus for sure!

But support at SC has been great! I'm really having a hard time with WII sales/billing they are just as bad as OVH where it takes a day or two for a reply, but so far Tech support at WII is fairly quick!

Did you really have alot of down time with WII? I noticed a couple of short outages but still Ok I think for a budget host..
(This post was last modified: 05-25-2013, 02:05 AM by earl.)
Back to top Find Quote
Offline zhuanyi Posted 05-25-2013, 12:50 PM -
357 Posts
(05-25-2013, 02:05 AM)earl Wrote: Yeah I was more weening over to WII cause even thought it says 100Mbit port I think it's actually a 1Gbit port, where as at SC it really is limited to the 100Mbit so nothing over 11MB/s! and the free DA is a bonus for sure!

But support at SC has been great! I'm really having a hard time with WII sales/billing they are just as bad as OVH where it takes a day or two for a reply, but so far Tech support at WII is fairly quick!

Did you really have alot of down time with WII? I noticed a couple of short outages but still Ok I think for a budget host..

I can't give you a concrete number because I don't have monitoring set up to be honest (can't be bothered) but look at the bandwidth blend and it might give you a good idea what to expect:

http://bgp.he.net/AS32097
Back to top Find Quote