Welcome to 96MB, please Login or Create an account to get full access to the forums.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

[Android] Anyone tried Swype?

Offline zhuanyi Posted 04-25-2013, 05:42 AM -
357 Posts
Pretty interesting concept but just wondering how many people actually managed to type faster:

https://play.google.com/store/apps/detai....swype.dtc

It is for 99 cents right now so I might want to give it a shot...
Back to top Find Quote
Offline pubcrawler Posted 04-25-2013, 06:07 AM -
97 Posts
Haven't used Swype.... Can't imagine a huge increase in productivity using such.

Hasn't anyone tethered a foldable bluetooth keyboard yet? Know I had one up and operational on a tablet for someone.

That would be my preferred input method.... Guess I am old school Smile
Back to top Find Quote
Offline zhuanyi Posted 04-25-2013, 06:13 AM -
357 Posts
(04-25-2013, 06:07 AM)pubcrawler Wrote: Haven't used Swype.... Can't imagine a huge increase in productivity using such.

Hasn't anyone tethered a foldable bluetooth keyboard yet? Know I had one up and operational on a tablet for someone.

That would be my preferred input method.... Guess I am old school Smile

Is that a standard-sized keyboard? I used to buy one of those bluetooth keyboard but it was too small for what I need (I have fat fingers) so I ended up going back to using the regular keyboard since my Asus Transformer has a USB port. What was the bluetooth one you got?
Back to top Find Quote
Offline wdq Posted 04-25-2013, 06:55 AM -
74 Posts
I tried Swype a while back and really couldn't figure it out. I'm kind of with pubcrawler on this one. I use a Bluetooth keyboard whenever I need to type something up other than a few short lines on a mobile device.
Back to top Find Quote
Offline pubcrawler Posted 04-25-2013, 07:02 AM -
97 Posts
@wdq, what type of devices have you managed to get a Bluetooth keyboard working with? Tablet? Phone?

Interested in some keyboard recommendations that do work Smile
Back to top Find Quote
Offline wdq Posted 04-25-2013, 11:01 AM -
74 Posts
I bought a few HP Touchpad Bluetooth keyboards when HP was getting rid of the TouchPad because they were extremely cheap. They work on my iPad Mini, Nexus 7, and Galaxy Nexus.
Back to top Find Quote
Offline lazyt Posted 04-25-2013, 01:23 PM -
18 Posts
Use it all of the time on this old droid phone.

It takes a bit to get used to it. But I can swype a lot faster then I can use my thumbs to type.
Back to top Find Quote
Offline tmn29a Posted 04-25-2013, 07:40 PM -
Resistance Leader
83 Posts
I couldn't either get along with Swype, felt unnatural to me. But I can highly recommend this virtual keyboard : https://play.google.com/store/apps/detai...plus&hl=en
Back to top Find Quote
Offline seriesn Posted 04-26-2013, 03:54 AM -
8 Posts
Swype is really cool. Getting used to it. Awesome for english typing but need multi language support.
Back to top Find Quote
Offline coreymanshack Posted 05-07-2013, 09:57 AM -
79 Posts
I tried swype, I didn't download it and it was already on my phone for free.... idk why... I didn't really like it... I guess it's like t9 you have to just get used to it.
Back to top Find Quote